12>
Poster Thread
  •  chinman
      chinman
2009 MFFL Discussion Thread
Webmaster
From
Hey guys,

I put the forum back up so that we can try to discuss the future of the MFFL. You can post without logging in, just sign your name at the bottom of the post.

As stated in before, we're kind of in a hard place in that our stat service that we've used for the last 10+ years has just disappeared. We're in the process of trying to find a new stat service, but haven't found one that isn't insanely expensive.

One alternative is to go with a fantasy football service, Cecil has suggested myfantasyleague.com . They would basically run all the stats and such for us, and we would pay them to do it. Of course the problem here is that we would lose the continuity of having it on the MFFL site.

The floor is open to discussion

Scott
Posted on: 2009/7/15 21:35
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  brad (hithouse: Montana)
      brad (hithouse: Montana)
Re: 2009 MFFL Discussion Thread
Guest_brad (hithouse: Montana)
If a feasible stat service can be found i like probably most owners would love to keep things just as they have been and enjoy the continuity and exclusivity/control of having our own dedicated site, however, time is running short and we aren't too far away from have to get drafts and what not lined up.....so even if its going to a service/league that runs all the stats i am all on board for whatever it takes to "keep the dream alive" so to speak. If we need to go that route Cecil's suggestion looks like as good of an option as i have seen in that realm.
Posted on: 2009/7/16 8:32
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
sorry last post was from:

Brad Ames
Montana Div.
Hithouse Owner

bames@gcctv.com (or alt oledirtybastard2001@yahoo.com)
Posted on: 2009/7/16 8:33
  •  chinman
      chinman
Webmaster
From
I've got a few requests for price quotes out right now. Hopefully they'll respond today, and I'll know what we're looking at. This is for raw stats, and I'll have to reprogram how we process the stats in. No biggie there.

Scott
Posted on: 2009/7/17 8:40
  •  chinman
      chinman
Webmaster
From
Interestingly enough, a few of the raw stats providers that I contacted have said that they are not providing that service anymore. I wonder if there is something else going on here? Like the NFL clamping down on stats, unless you're willing to pay really high fees.

Still got a few emails out.

Scott
Posted on: 2009/7/19 7:37
  •  chinman
      chinman
Webmaster
From
Frickin spambots.

If you want to post to the forum use:
'owner' and 'mffl' to log in.

Scott
Posted on: 2009/7/21 18:46
  •  chinman
      chinman
Webmaster
From
Got a quote from stats.com, while they wouldn't give me an exact price, they said it would be four figures for a season of stats. Ummm... How about no?

So who's up for Cecil's suggestion of myfantasyleague.com?

Scott
Posted on: 2009/7/21 18:48
  •  owner
      owner
Just popping in
From
thats effin ridonkulous
i am all for cecil's suggestion.
Posted on: 2009/7/21 20:34
  •  owner
      owner
Just popping in
From
I will keep daily tabs to see if any further info is avail on signing up via the new system.
Posted on: 2009/7/22 13:50
  •  owner
      owner
Just popping in
From
Greg here.

A couple of hurdles.

Each division in the MFFL is its own game, meaning they draft from their own separate pool of players. So, each division will have to pay full price at myfantasyleague.

How many divisions want to go back to paying and do all six members in said divisions want to go back to paying?

Who will collect the money and who will send it in?

When some divisions have no-shows or owners who don't want to return, who will take up the slack?

How, if at all, will this relate back to MFFL.com?

Personally, I think the MFFL is done as far as managing the divisions and the membership. My suggestion is that if we have any interested parties left, they should get the emails for their division mates and confer ASAP.

I guess that the Namath division will go this route and we'll soldier on. But, I hate that the league as we know it is probably over.

If anyone wants to take on the task of saving their division, I can help with email addresses, assuming the online MFFL database is still gone. I have a pretty good directory of the owners at home.
Posted on: 2009/7/23 14:44
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.